New platform, New look31 August 2016
Here are some of the features:
- Static hosted site (No databases!), with some dynamic components such as the “Last seen” widget that I’ve added to many of my blogs. I plan to bring back the wiki soon too, and going serverless too. Refer to my tech blog if for posts on going serverless.
- Full SSL support (because 2016, and all)
- Same commenting system as before, because we are using disqus)
- Ability to write posts in markdown thanks to jekyllrb.
- Bring back the food and place wiki (go full serverless with static reactjs HTML page driving it, and eventually maybe react native app)
- Tweak last seen to show restaurant name if the last seen place is a restaurant (with privacy fuzzy filter of course)
- Instagram (maybe VSCO) widget
I’m pretty much keeping the same theme to this site:
- good food
- travel (destinations, airlines, lounges)
- Tips (insurance, banking, visas, finding coworking spaces or good cafes etc) on how to be a digital nomad or be a “9-5 cube refugee” (2016 and all - it’s the future of work)